Jan 28th, 2010
NDF Statement on Assassination of Mongla Leader
1. Gen. Secretary U Min Ain of National Democratic Alliance Army-Eastern Shan State (NDAA-ESS or Mongla Force) was assassinated on January 27, 2010 by unknown assassins. This assassination taking place during the time when the Mongla Force is rejecting the pressure to transform to BGF is nothing but an assassination for political reason and we, the NDF, strongly denounce the act.
2. Though the SPDC has been pressuring, by various means, the armed forces of theethnic nationalities to transform to BGF, Mongla Force has consistently refused to accept the SPDC proposal. The secretary of Mongla Special Region-4 had been one of the principal leaders in resistance against pressure by the SPDC military leaders. Together with Chairman U Sai Lin, he had been relied upon and trusted by the local national peoples.
3. At the 4-monthly meeting of the SPDC leaders, the inability to transform the ethnic armed forces to BGF was discussed. After the meeting, head of the SPDC Military Affairs Security (MAS), Lt. Gen. Ye Myint, issued secret orders to all the Division and State commanders to deal amicably with the ethnic cease-fire organizations and, at the same time, to covertly assassinate their leaders.
4. For that reason, the assassination of General Secretary of Mongla Force, U Min Ain, is the lowdown work of the SPDC military leaders. Similarly, the SPDC military leaders are responsible for recent assassination of Gen. Sai Noungk, adviser to the Shan State Army-North. We have no doubt that head of MAS, Lt. Gen. Ye Myint is directly or indirectly involved in the assassination. We vigorously criticize and condemn the political crime of assassination of the ethnic leaders who are making the effort to resolve political problems by peaceful means, through dialogue and negotiation.
5. In closing, we, the National Democratic Front (NDF), would like to urge all leaders of the armed organizations who do not accept transformation to BGF, the ethnic as well as the democratic forces, to maintain high security and revolutionary alertness, since there is still the ongoing SPDC secret plot to continue its evil work of assassination, in this year.
“Victory through Alliance”
Central Executive Committee
National Democratic Front – NDF
January 28, 2010
Contact: (66) 086 206